Types of Cookies
Necessary – we set a cookie to establish whether you use areas of our website that require a login. We also set a cookie which relates to the security system we use to protect our website, this cookie records you IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device.
Functional – These cookies allow us to remember the choices you make and to enable certain functions on our website
- The software we use for our forms sets a cookie which stores only a session ID (no personal data is stored in the cookie), it is required for providing security (protection against Cross Site Request Forgery) and required for proper functioning (e.g. verifying that the CAPTCHA solution was correct).
The following are third party session cookies which do not contain a set expiry date and unless deleted earlier, will expire when you close your browser:
- Our SSL Certificate provider seal.starfield.tech sets a cookie which preserves users states across page requests.
Analytical – we also collect information for statistical purposes using Google Analytics, which helps us understand how you use our website and how we may improve it. We have adopted the Google option to anonymise IP addresses, which is carried out as part of the collection process before Google store them on their servers in the USA and elsewhere, including the EEA. IP anonymisation means that no individual can be identified from a stored IP address. You can find out more about Google’s Analytics Policy here.
Although Google collects and processes information from our use of Google Analytic, the following cookies are classified as first party cookies as they are set by our website domain. This information is collected by both session and persistent website cookies. Persistent cookies are stored on a users’ device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of the user across a site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered and expire on a set date.
_ga : First Party persistent cookie – duration 2 years – Google Analytics cookie used to distinguish users
_gid : First Party session cookie – duration 24 hours – Google Analytics cookie used to distinguish users
_gat : First Party session cookie – duration 1 minute – Google Analytics cookies used to throttle request rate
Marketing – we display a popup on some of our pages to allow you to like us on Facebook which sets the following first party cookies.
- SGPBShowingLimitationDomain2096 – duration 7 days – a page level cookie to count how many times the popup should be shown to the same user.
The popup also sets the following third party persistent cookies set by staticxx.facebook.com and facebook.com
- c_user, fr, pl, xs – duration 28 days – These cookies are used when integrating Facebook and the sharing of content
- datr, sb – duration 2 years – These cookies are used when integrating Facebook and the sharing of content
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
The browsers of most devices you use to view the internet (computers, smartphones, etc) are typically set up to accept cookies. You can amend your cookie preferences for this website or any other websites through your browser settings by referring to their help section.
More information about how to disable cookies can be found on allaboutcookies.org
Should you have any concerns or queries in relation to our website, the content our our policies outlined above, please do not hesitate to contact us.